A game moderator works as part of our team. A good team attitude is essential as we help and support each other in this sometimes stressful role. We have a good team spirit, and enjoy a lively team Skype chat where we keep up to date with the latest bugs.
Game Moderator duties include:
- Answering questions sent in by players
- Detecting and testing bugs to be sent to the developers
- Detecting rule breaking and placing bans
- Helping players to appeal their bans fairly
- Testing game updates for bugs before they are released
- Be able to respond to tickets within 12 hours
This is a customer service role, and moderators need to have a good attitude with all people, including those who do not find writing English easy. Game moderators must have excellent written English and be willing to use a spell checker and to proofread their ticket responses before sending them, and be asked to be available to answer player inquiries every day, and give at least 10-12 hours a week to the role, but most give a lot more than that.
Game moderators must be at least 18 years of age.